If you use your phone as MP3 player, calorie counter or GPS tracker during your workouts, or simply have to take it with you as you have no other place to leave it, an armband is the best way to go to hold your smartphone and even some basic gear like a couple of bills, locker or car key and credit or ID cards!
Today we’ll take a look at one of the most convenient and practical armbands on the market – the Sporteer.com‘s Velocity Series V1x Armband. Make sure you check the real user pic and the vid review of an actual armband below.
The Velocity Series V1x is designed to fit phones up to 5-inch. I tested it with an iPhone 4 (3.5-inch), iPhone 5S (4-inch), Galaxy S4 (5-inch) and a 4.65-inch Galaxy Nexus and it fit very well, so it’ll work with most smartphones out-there, even without removing their cases! Here is a closer look at it’s features:
- The armband is made of moisture resistant material designed to keep your gear and smartphone safe from sweat
- Handy side elastic band that allows you store you your headphones, a small flashlight, a gel pack or any other small piece you need handy when jogging
- Easy adjustment for any size – the armband’s closing strap features Velcro material on it’s entire length, so getting a proper fix can’t be easier
- The main compartment sports an elastic holder designed to keep your smartphone secured in place while leaving some extra storage space allowing you to stash additional gear behind it.
- The front panel is touch friendly and allows you to use your smartphone without having to remove it from the armband
- The lower part of the main compartment features two plug openings allowing you to easily connect your headphones while two locking zippers allow you to easily connect your headphones in any position if your smartphone’s plug is located on the top
- An external back pocket allows you to keep your keys, a couple of cards and cash bills safe. The pocket is moisture resistant. I was able to stash in an apartment key, a remote knob, two credit cards and a $20 bill without any loss of comfort while wearing the armband
- The main compartment is surrounded by reflective piping and the closure tab is padded with the same material to help you stay visible to vehicles when night-training,
- Strap-Lok technology allows easy adjusting even while in the middle of the action and helps preventing the armband from falling.
After using the Velocity Series V1x for about 2 weeks I can definitively say the guys from Sporteer.com did a great job with this product! The armband is well built, fully functional, stays well on your arm and the little addons like the side elastic band, the locking zippers and the moisture-safe back pocket are designed to improve your training experience.
Check out the below picture gallery and video clip to watch a user review of the Sporteer.com Velocity Series V1x Armband I recorded for you.