3D printing gets more and more cheaper. With actual prices turning round 1,000 USD for a small sized 3D home printer, I am sure in the near future 3D printers will become integrating part of our homes, just like a regular printer – also check the Form 1 we featured a while back.
The Cube 3D Home Printer from Cubify is a nice small magic gadget that prints your 3D creations right at home (or office). Here are some of it features:
- Plug and play technology
- Prints in two materials – ABS (strong and recyclable) and PLA (compostable)
- Vibrant coloring
- WiFi technology – no longer you need cables to connect the 3D printer to your PC
- The printer is available in five colors: silver, white, green, blue and magenta
- Comes with software and 25 3D files ready for printing
- Prints objects sized 5.5″ x 5.5″ x 5.5″ (that’s 140mm x 140mm x 140mm in European measures)
- Printing time – the printing time depends on the size and density of the object. Cubify states that in average, a smartphone case will print in just about 2 hours.
The Cube is compatible with Windows and Mac computers and it can help you print anything from small toys to small parts that can be used in any household (think hangers, plastic jewelry, bracelets, etc …) – although we are questioning the overall price of the printed objects – while it might worth printing a unique piece, I am sure it’ll get a lot more cheaper to purchase those hangers at the Dollar store :).
Cubify offers financing via BillMeLater for all 3 D printers.