Having a good flashlight around the house is a must. Whether you go for a 30 days lasting lantern like the eGear, a solar solution like the LuminAID or a complete crank charging solution like the Eton charger – you still have to be prepared when the time comes!
Today, we focus on power!
The QuadRay Tiny Monster by Nitecore is considered the world’s smallest 3,500 lumen LED flashlight. If you’re not sure what 3,500 lumen means let me tell you that “powerful flashlights” output in average around 500 lumens light. So the Nitecore QuadRay turns out to be 6-7 times more powerful then what we averagely call a “powerful flashlight”. On maximum light output settings the Nitecore tiny monster would be brighter than most automobile headlights.
Now that you have an idea what 3,500 lumen would look like, let’s see some of the QuadRay’s technical specs:
- Eight brightness levels and modes
- Intelligent charging circuit for safe and quick charging
- Toughened ultra-clear mineral glass with anti-reflective coating
- Made of aerospace-grade aluminum alloy with stainless steel bezel-ring to protect it’s core components from damage
- HAIII military grade hard-anodized
- Waterproof (up to two meters)
- Works on 4 x 18650 lithium ion cells OR 8 x CR123 batteries (Both included)
- 4 x CREE XM-L LEDs
- Run time: Between 45 minutes to 1000 hours (Turbo: 3500 Lumen/45 min; High: 1700 Lumen/2.5 Hours; Medium: 540 Lumen/8.25 Hours; Low: 95 Lumen/48 Hours; Lowest: 3 Lumen/1000 Hours)
Weight (without battery – 15.45oz (438g); with battery – 17.09 oz (484gr)
What’s your take on flashlights? Would you go for high power monsters like the QuadRay or you’d stay in more favorite a longer lasting lantern?