The guys over at Automatic.com come to the market with a very interesting add-on for your car.
The Automatic Link is a smart driving assistant that helps you connect with your car via your Smartphone.
Basically – we’re speaking about a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle that connects to your car’s OBD plug (Onboard Diagnostics Port – the same port your mechanic uses to diagnostic when it needs repairs) and to your smartphone by a dedicated app.
Here are a couple of advantages of the Automatic Link system:
- Very low power consumption on your smartphone as it uses Bluetooth 4.0
- Easy instal
- Compatible with all cars made after 1996
- Great add-on if your car does not display computerized cruise information data (consumption, average speed, distance forecast on the existing gas level, etc…)
- Even if your car allows you to see the above ingo, the Automatic Link can still help a lot – see below
- Driving feedback (rough braking, speeding, accelerations)
- Trip timeline (consumption, gas fill-ups, etc…)
- Crash alert – automatic calls 911 for help in case of car accident
- Allows identifying issues when your Check Engine light turns on
- Helps you remember where you last parked – it does this automatically, without any need of setup
- Multi-driver support
- iPhone and Android compatible via the free dedicated apps (Android compatibility will be available as of this fall)
$70 | BUY NOW