As you’ll know by now, I am a big fan of the G-Class from Mercedes Benz. So, when the G63 AMG 6×6 news surfaced, I was thrilled to see this new Mercedes masterpiece. While some will argue for it’s usefulness, you have to admit – this is as badass as a ride can get!
The G63 AMG 6×6 started it’s life as a double -cab pickup (G320CDI) engineered for the Australian Army.
Here are some of it’s impressive features:
- Street legal
- Twin-turbocharged 5.5-litre V8 engine from AMG with 536bhp
- 7G-tronic seven-speed automatic transmission
- Extra shaft tpo power the 3rd pair of wheels
- 6×6 wheel traction with 5 Electronic differential locks allow 100% lockup of all wheels
- 37 in wheels (12.5 wide)
- 0-62mph acceleration (0-100 kmh) – below 6 seconds based on company insider scoops
Head over to Autocar.co.uk to check some first driving impression for an actual test drive taken with the Mercedes G63 AMG 6×6.