Thank you to the guys from PopSlate! It was time someone uses that wasted space on the back of your smartphone!!!
While last year we heard some rumors that the iPhone 5 will feature a scrolling touch-pad on it’s back, it never happened. Too bad the big smartphone manufacturers did not develop in this direction. Too bad for them … because the guys over at PopSlate are taking advantage of this great idea …
The PopSlate is basically an iPhone 5 case that has it’s own E-Ink screen on the back. This screen interacts with your iPhone 5 and makes your favorite gadget a dual screen super powered iPhone! The case made of the latest ruggedized E-Ink screen, so it’s protects your iPhone like any regular case. No worry the about scratches or about breaking it!
Here are a couple of things you can do with the PopSlate:
- Take a picture with the dedicated app and place it on the E-Ink screen.
- Read any text on the E-Ink screen (think about how comfortable is reading on a Kindle, and you get that on the back of your phone)
- Pop just anything on this secondary screen
- Low battery consumption usage – the E-Ink readers are well known for their extended battery life
- The developers are building their own platform for creating specially designed apps for the secondary screen
- The case is measuring 5.35” x 2.56” x 0.54” (8.5cm x 6.5cm x 1.3cm), weights less than 75 grams and is available in black or white tones to match your iPhone color
Head over to Indiegogo.com – to see all the details about this cool gadget project and support it (delivery June 2013).
$99 | BUY NOW
Share this post with your friends: