After we saw how the Sandy storm affected us, the need of preparing for such disasters is more present.
In the close future we will compile a full list for a survival kit, but for the moment let’s stick to the essentials.
Other than water and canned food, you’ll need a portable power source, a flashlight as well as a communication tool to stay updated with the news.
Hammacher Schlemmer combines both features in what they call “The Best Emergency Radio“. This radio was tested by their Institute and has some impressive stats indeed.
- Running Duration – tested on an one minute dynamo cranking – this radio lasted 8.7 times more than lesser units
- Large turning hand crank – requires little effort to charge the unit
- Digital Am/FM radio tuner – gets 33% more radio stations than the analog counterparts
- Integrated led flashlight
- USB port for charging smartphones
- Mini-USB cable
- Built-in solar panel to speed up the charging
- Measures: 5 3/4″ H x 7″ W x 2 2/3″ D (1 1/4 lbs.) – for our European customers – that’s 14.6 cm H x 17 cm W x 5.66 cm W (560 grams)
Get your for only $59.95 and be prepared for the worst.
Let me know in the comments what your survival kit includes.
$59.95 | BUY NOW