The Neptune Pine is one of those gadgets that make us wonder how come it did not appear until now!
On one side you have the Wow factor given by it’s unique style, on the other side you have the combined functionality of a smartphone that you can wear at your wrist as a regular watch.
Neptune, the manufacturer of Neptune Pine, is a Montreal company working on creating true smartwatches – we’re not speaking here about a watch that connects to your smartphone to bring additional functionality, but about a real smartphone, with all the features and functions you would expect from a smartphone.
Let’s take a look at Neptune Pine-s features :
- 2.5in screen (resolution 432×250 pixels – 202 pixels per in)
- Capacitive touchescreen
- Connectivity: quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, 3G, 802.11
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 (the plug is located in the smartwatch strap)
- 5MP camera
- GPS, Bluetooth, Regular headphones (3.5 mm jack)
- 1Ghz processor
- 3 storage versions: 8GB, 16GB and 32GB
- 800 mAh battery (5 hours if talk time; 120 hours of stand-by)
- Micro-SIM – like the ones used in iPhone
- HRM (heart Rate Monitor); FM radio
The smartwatch runs on Leaf OS (a modified version of the popular Android). While the Neptune Pine‘s specs are impressive, our only worry is typing experience on a such small screen. Neptune confirmed they modified the way the keyboard is displayed on the screen and all the keys are as big as the keys used in the iPhone keyboard.
The Neptune Pine is available for pre-order with delivery in Q3 2013.
$340 | BUY NOW