Coolers (are) were one of those rare items that did not change much over the past 30 years of technological advancements!
But that’s over! Ryan Grepper’s Coolest Cooler is set to bring the classic outdoors chillers to the 21st century! After an earlier unsuccessful crowdfunding try back in December 2013, Grepper improved the Coolest Cooler, added new features, redraw it’s outer design and brought it back to Kickstarter!
As of today (that’s 37 days before the project’s end), the Coolest Cooler pledged $6.9 million US (about 140 times more than what Grepper was looking for)!!! That’s the third most funded project ever (after the Pebble with 10.2 million and the Ouya Video Game Console with 8.6 million) and still has 37 days to go!!! Amazing, isn’t it?
Let’s see what makes The Coolest so cool that everyone wants to have one! Here’s a bullet-list of features:
- 2 x 5V USB chargers (1A and 2.1A charging power), perfect for charging tablets, smartphones and other USB powered gadgets
- Removable waterproof Bluetooth speaker so you can enjoy your favorite music with your friends
- Enjoy cool drinks with the built in ice crushing blender
- Internal LED light to help you spot your drinks during night parties
- Easy transportation system with gear tie-down and extra wide wheels for easy moving in sand and difficult terrains
- Bottle opener
- Incorporated essentials (reusable plates, a ceramic knive) and a cooler split lid to divide drinks and easily store eyes.
- At last, but not the least … IT”S COOL!!!
The Coolest Cooler is in project mode at Kickstarter and you can get one for $185 (that’s $115 savings over the future regular retail price). Estimated delivery for February 2015.
Let’s hear you in the comments. What’s your take on the Coolest Cooler? Will you get one?
$185 | BUY NOW